Here are five of my favourites to get your train of thought back on track:
- Completely tune out: Most times stress is a major factor that induces a creative block. The stress could be due to emotional issues faced at home, financial problems or even a wedding that is coming up. To get back creative control, the first step is to completely block out all those thoughts and to focus consciously on the job at hand. It might sound easy but it really does require a bit of effort. However, working on it will remove negativity and ease the pressures that threaten to disturb creativity.
- Listen to some music: After you have blocked out all the stress and you still feel that you are not at your creative best, then listen to some music. Music is a great elevator and will help in calming nerves. Go to a concert or if you don’t want to, sit at home with the volume on at your comfortable level. Shake a leg or two if you’d like, anything to shake the blues away and to get back to your creative best.
- Read a book: A good book has the ability to transform an individual into a completely different dimension and will help you live a parallel life for as long as the book lasts. This will help the mind recondition and, you never know, you might find some inspiration from reading the book.
- Surf the web: There are oodles of information on the internet and surfing through a few of them will distract you, keep you updated on the latest across the world and, when you do decide to get back to your work, you will feel refreshed and at ease.
- Travel!: If nothing else works- then pack your bags and travel. A change of scene will help in breaking monotony and will bring a fresh new perspective. Travelling could mean just an overnight trip or a longer trip to see new places and experience different cultures.
The most important factor here is that everyone in the creative industry goes through this. If you still think that you need help with getting your creativity back, hire a good graphic design company to design the cover of your new book, or for your movie, this might inspire you to continue your work at your creative best. If you don’t want a book cover just yet, hire a logo designer to design a logo for you, this may motivate you to get the logo on the book you have to finish.
Share this article to others and spread the knowledge and ideas.