Creative graphics is a vital piece of the total branding of your business. Although a professional creative graphic design firm will usually be more than happy to provide you with suggested drawings or graphics for your business, you have your own role to play as well. Marketing firms are more capable of creating not just attractive graphics but effective ones as well when they have a better grasp of the nature of your business as well as your objectives.
To start with, you should help your marketing agency understand key facts and figures about your business, such as:
- Who is your target market?
- What makes your products or services better than the competition?
- What kind of image do you want to create for your company?
- What do you want to achieve with your campaign? Do you want to increase your sales or expand your market share?
- You should also give them an idea of what you personally prefer in terms of graphics used for marketing.
- Choose the best graphics from the competition and which you hope you could use for your business instead.
- Choose graphics used by companies in other industries but are targeting the same target market.
- Choose graphics based on the media you feel is best used for approaching your target market.
No aspect of your creative graphic design should be overlooked if you want something that truly works in marketing your business.
- Size – Let’s say that you’re working with a 3 x 5 square for product packaging. How much of this do you want to be devoted to graphics alone? Be sure you have enough space left for its accompanying text.
- Color – The use of color in printing can easily double your expenses. The question is, do you really need to use full-color graphics?
- Message – Every marketing campaign must have a core message. You need to make sure that the graphics will use support that message or aid in better defining it.
- Layout – Few people understand that layouts are different from graphics. In fact, graphics is an element of layout but not the other way around. Layouts deal with the use and placement of various graphic and text elements in an entire page or display. You won’t be able to enjoy maximum advantage from your graphics if it isn’t given a prominent place in your layout.
- Materials – Consider the quality for starters. The best materials are not just easier to work with but they tend to be more durable as well. Also, your choice of materials can place limits and constraints on your graphics.
On your part, you should do your best to give your creative team as much time as possible to work on your graphics. Cramming and rush jobs are never a good thing and more likely to produce error-prone or imperfect graphics.
Secondly, you should be very hands on throughout the designing process. Remember that no matter how skilled your graphic designers are, they can’t actually read your mind. You only have yourself to blame if you do not bother to exercise your right to comment or request revisions on creative graphic design drafts whenever they’re presented to you for approval.
Share this article to others and spread the knowledge and ideas.