One of the most common struggles Internet users and businesses share is the lack of options when it comes to sharing large files online. Here are 10 of the most common complaints. Don’t worry; we’ll also talk about a solution!
1. Security. For many businesses and Internet users, emailing large files just isn’t an option. You don’t have to be sending confidential information or patient’s medical files to want and deserve 100% security. Email certainly doesn’t guarantee any level of security. Plus, it’s too easy to lose an email or have it accidentally deleted or worse intercepted. Digital file transfer solutions, while they offer a touch more security than standard email, do not take the extra steps that FTP Site Hosting has in place. Though it must be noted that security measures within FTP site hosting services vary. Look for services that are HIPAA compliant. That means that the service meets government security standards and is secure enough to transmit & store confidential medical files. It doesn’t get more secure than that!
2. Size restrictions. Most email programs limit file upload size to about 10MB. That isn’t much space. Many compressed documents are still too large and spreadsheets, graphic files, audios and much more are just too big to send. Digital file transfer does have the ability to handle larger files, however the file size is generally still limited and there is a limit to the type of file you can upload and share. FTP site hosting means virtually unlimited file size, up to 100GB, and more file types than you can possibly imagine.
3. Time restrictions. Digital file transfer comes with handcuffs. The recipient must open and download the file within a specified amount of time. If that doesn’t occur…poof, it’s gone. This means if your recipient didn’t have an opportunity to access the file before it vanished, you have to go through the process of uploading and sending it all over again. Once you upload a file onto your FTP site, it’s there until you remove it. No handcuffs.
4. Collaboration issues. Many times people share files because they’re collaborating on a project. If the file isn’t too big, email is good for instant collaboration. Digital transfer doesn’t offer any collaboration tools. However, collaboration is easy with FTP sites because users can upload the modified file and their correspondence. Additionally, an FTP site can have many assigned users, which makes collaboration simple. This solution also means projects are easily tracked and progress will not be lost. FTP keeps collaboration on track and it simplifies the process.
5. Restricted file types. Many businesses use unique software programs. Software that is specific to their industry. For example, architects, engineers, and designers all use specialized technology. Email doesn’t allow many file types. However with FTP, there are no restrictions on file type. All you have to do is upload it onto your site and share it with fellow users, clients, and associates.
6. Too expensive. You might be thinking…email is free. Yes, many email programs are free but you’ll be hard pressed to find an email program that enables their users to upload files larger than 5-10MB. That’s not much space! However FTP site hosting is extremely cost effective and you only pay for the storage needs you have. Plans generally range from a modest 600MB to a vast 100GB. If your needs grow, upgrading your site is quick and easy. So how much does FTP hosting cost? Plans begin around $2.00 a week and there are no additional set up fees or sneaky side fees.
7. Long term commitment required. Many file transfer solutions require long term commitments or memberships. Many FTP site hosting services keep it simple. Businesses invest in a month by month plan that they can change or cancel at any time. No long term commitment means if your business changes you can modify your plan as you see fit.
8. Sketchy technology. Sometimes technology is a real pain in the butt. It’s true. You think you’ve found a solution, you pay for it, and you upload the software and then need a tech degree to figure out how to make it work for you. Not only is your time wasted, your money is too. FTP is the fastest, easiest, and most widely used file sharing system available. It’s accepted around the world and the technology is well established, which means no bugs.
9. Software knowledge required. Different technologies have different learning curves. Some are push button easy and others are…well they’re complicated. FTP is easy. Additionally, some FTP site hosting services offer their own web based software which means you don’t have to install anything onto your computer. All you have to do is know how to click a few keyboard keys – no computer tech degree required.
10. Lack of branding or customization options. Email and digital file transfer systems do not enable you or your business to create a consistent image. FTP site hosting can offer you the ability to customize your site so branding is consistent.
When it comes to sharing large files online there really is only one fast, safe, easy and cost effective solution – FTP site hosting.
If you would like to review more articles on FTP Site Hosting for sharing and storing files online or if you would like to try our FTP Site Hosting service for 31-days, Free of charge, please visit us at www.FTPfast.com.
Kindly share this post to your social media pages to keep others informed.