More and more people are aware of the convenience Vodafone Mobile Connect can bring to them. However, few actually understand all the details about it and just know it can make it easier for them to connect the internet wherever and whenever they are. In this article, I will answer some of the most frequently asked questions about Vodafone.
1.What is the difference between Vodafone Mobile Connect and Vodafone Mobile Connect “Lite?”
Vodafone Mobile Connect, offering support for VPN, is the software used to connect to the internet using the Vodafone 3G data card. Vodafone Mobile Connect ‘Lite’, allowing connecting to the internet but offering no support for VPN, is the software automatically installed by the Vodafone Express Card. However, it is possible to use the full working version which is provided on the CD enclosed and is available to download from our website if required.
2. What should you do to start using mobile internet?
1) Connect your modem to the computer.
2) Install Vodafone Mobile Connect software which can be found in the modem.
3) Make the first connection to the internet.
3. When my data card is locked, can I get unlocked for free?
If your settings are wrong or you try to use it with another network, or your bill is unpaid, your 3G data card may be locked, but you need not to be worried about that, Vodafone will now unlock them for free.
4. Can I get Vodafone Mobile Connect settings by SMS? And how to get it?
The answer is yes. We can get settings by SMS. If you have a Nokia or Sony Ericsson phone, you can do as follows.
1) Type *#06# on your handset, and you will find out your IMEI number.
2) Edit an SMS with text as S < space >1st 15 digits of the IMEI number, then send it to 52586.
3) Then you must get the OTA settings. For this, you can send an SMS with text as “VMC” to 52586.
4) After the three steps mentioned above, you can get the information of settings, such as setting names, home page, session mode, data bearer, authentication type and so on.
5. If I want to upgrade my data card to support up to 7.2 Mbps, what should I do?
1) Download the “Superfire.zip” file, and unzip the file and you will see the executable files Superfire.exe and Setup.exe.
2) Double-click the Superfire.exe file, and you will be greeted with an Updater Utility. And click the corresponding buttons according to the hint given to you. It will take 5 to 10 minutes or more for the updating.
3) Once the update has successfully finished, safely remove the data card. Go to Windows Control Panel of your computer, double-click “Add or Remove Programs” and click the remove button and follow the instructions on screen.
4) Double-click the setup.exe file, and after you have installed it, your card is now capable of supporting download speed of up to 7.2 Mbps.
If you are confused with other things of the product, you can get references from the website.